Salary: up to £27k plus uncapped commission (£9k OTE)
Your New Company:
Your new company enables digital trade for all, by helping organisations around the world to control 100% of their spend. They work with their customers to transform their Source-to-Pay processes; to help them save money and create efficiency gains while increasing compliance and reducing risk. From sourcing projects, contract management and procurement transactions to supplier collaboration and automated invoice processing, their integrated spend management solutions streamline and control all purchasing and spend. They serve over 1,000 enterprise clients and 2 million suppliers. Their solutions are used daily by over 3 million people in 100+ countries. The company was admitted to the AIM market of London Stock Exchange in June 2006.
Your New Role:
As a Business Development Executive, you will be a linchpin within the Sales and Marketing department, with a core purpose of generating Sales Accepted Leads (SALs) to help build pipeline for all solution areas across the UK target markets. These SALs must be qualified to the agreed standard. In order to generate these SALs, you will:
- Do a mixture of both outbound and inbound SAL generation and nurturing, with the majority of your time spent talking to prospects on the telephone, with supporting engagement via email and LinkedIn.
- You will attend exhibitions and seminars to network with senior finance/procurement professionals and increase awareness of their offering.
- Understand your customers’ needs (procurement teams) and how your solutions can solve any challenges they have.
- Use the CRM, LinkedIn and other avenues to source leads that can be turned in to new business opportunities.
- Generate 10 opportunities with mid-tier organisations throughout the UK per month through extensive research leading to outreach.
- Through effective communication and a consultative approach, qualify leads into opportunities and book meetings for prospects with the Business Development Managers.
- Nurture existing leads that are not ‘sales-ready’.
- Lead processing – adding/updating/converting leads in their Salesforce CRM with notes, activities and lead stage statuses.
- Providing Marketing colleagues with feedback on market insights and lead quality to help drive improved campaigns.
- Liaising with Sales colleagues on planning, lead quality and pipeline impact
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
Although this is a software solution, it is not expected that you already have expert software knowledge. The following is expected though. You will have:
- Evidence of self-motivation and a diligent work ethic through prior sales experience working to targets and bringing results.
- The ability to remain resilient at the face of mistakes and losses.
- The curiosity to ask intelligent questions, the ability to listen and understand prospect’s needs, and the capacity to be consultative in your sales approach.
- A customer focus, listening skills and comfort/confidence conversing with people face-to-face and on the telephone.
- Tenacity, proactiveness and ambition to break through barriers and over achieve targets – you won’t be spoon-fed opportunities.
- Strategic-thinking and creativity to think outside the box.
- A fearless mindset where you are not afraid to pick up the phone or step outside your comfort zone.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience of working within a telemarketing/sales environment in a B2B environment, i.e., multi-month sales cycle and multi-stakeholder influencing.
- Experience of using IT systems, e.g. Salesforce.com CRM
- Familiar with the principles of social selling and particularly the use of LinkedIn tools.
- An understanding of the solution selling methodology.
What You’ll Get:
- A competitive salary and uncapped commission structure.
- The option to work from home some days per week.
- 25 days holiday which increases by 1 each year until 30 days holiday.
- Family feel company culture where you feel valued and everyone has a voice.
- Pension Scheme – matching 4.5% contributions.
- HealthCare Plan and Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
What To Do Next:
If you’re interested in this position, click ‘apply now’ to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new sales position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.