Your New Company:
Your new company is a boutique executive search firm that specialises in building transformational board and leadership teams for fast growth, Seed to Series C+ VC (or early stage PE) backed SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) companies headquartered in Europe and growing globally. Your new company has a strong heritage in providing strategic growth support, building the Go-To-Market teams for and placing top achieving individuals within many of the fastest growing B2B and B2C SaaS vendors in Europe over the last decade. This company runs searches globally with around 50% of their roles based outside of the UK. The searches are spearheaded by two partners who have vast experience in placing high level executives in SaaS businesses and have placed in over 140 of these private-equity-backed companies to date. Your new company has always had a small team by choice but recently due the increase in business, they have decided to grow their team with 3 new consultants starting in 2021 and now there is a need for a junior researcher who will look after their database and support their Lead Researcher.
Your New Role:
As a Junior Researcher, you will:
- Update and manage information on the database.
- Maintain database and data system.
- Source talent from various resources, identify the best candidates.
- Provide administrative support to researchers and consultants.
- Map target companies, develop knowledge of various industries, products, companies and how they operate.
- Prepare presentations, briefs, regular reports.
- After 12 months, database updates will be a regular task to be completed every 6 months.
- Following which your responsibility will be to start identifying new talent for the searches in line with the search criteria to recommend for senior team members to consider.
- Assist the Lead Researcher and team with Client reports, booking interviews and occasionally reaching out to candidates.
- Add top talent to the database while keeping the database up to date.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Methodical, organised approach to work which helps you identify priorities in order to meet deadlines and deliver against targets.
- Excellent discipline, time management and self-motivation which is evident in your ability to work from home without supervision.
- Willingness to work in a flexible, continually changing, start-up environment whilst working under tight schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, confident and not afraid speaking with people and capable of presenting your findings clearly via oral presentations to senior colleagues.
- Data-driven, great attention to detail and a critical thinker
- The ability to undertake in-depth research, quantify the information, and produce qualitative and quantitative reports.
- Advanced computer and digital skills are necessary with previous experience using a CRM being preferred.
- 1-2 years work experience with a proven record of achievements.
- An excellent team player, high enthusiasm, eager to learn, active in supporting the team and punctual.
- Able to initiate and start things independently and think outside the box.
- Exposure or previous experience in the tech industry is a huge asset.
What You’ll Get:
- The candidate will have exposure to the UK and European SaaS space with the opportunity of knowing the fastest growing B2B and B2C SaaS vendors in Europe as clients and game changing leaders in this space.
- Opportunities to progress into a researcher role subject to performance.
What To Do Next:
If you’re interested in this position, click ‘apply now’ to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career or see the job board here – www.exp-recruitment.com/job-openings